tisdag 12 juni 2012

Erlangen International Comic Salon

This weekend I visited The Erlangen International Comic Salon. I was invited to have a talk about my work and the swedish exhibition Life is not for amateurs - Swedish comics artists interpreting Strindberg. The exhibition opened in Angouleme in January and has since been in Paris and Botkyrka.

The Erlangen International Comic Salon is a biennial with about 25 000 visitors. It's dominated by german comics but also many international guests and exhibitions (Charles Burns, Lorenzo Mattotti, Winsor McCay and David B.). The Max & Moritz prize for lifetime achievement was given to Lorenzo Mattotti.

I had great time and it was a pleasure meeting german colleagues like Atak, Martin Tom Dieck and Max Andersson (who lives in Berlin). A big thanks to Karina Lindberg-Brehm at Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nuernberg for inviting me and showing me Erlangen. Hope to come back in two years.

Some of the books, catalogues and maps from Erlangen.

My public talk with Karina Lindberg-Brehm.

The festival.

Lorenzo Mattottis drawings of Hansel and Gretel.

Winsor McCay sculptures.

Exhibition with works by Igor Hofbauer, Komikaze and Tonto Comics.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar